Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"What Convicts Teach Us About Branding"

   When I began reading this article, I could barely believe its content. A manipulative man, Neil Stansfield intentionally bought, repackaged, and sold produce that he labeled as being "organic", but were far from being so. His packaging appeared to be legit, as many customers bought from him. He also used the Soil Association logo on the packaging. Anyone would be deceived. This article really opened my eyes about how much we pay attention to the packaging and how it really affects us. The physical display of something is usually what first captures our attention. Even just a slight change in color or appearance of the packaging of a product can instantly effect how buyers perceive it and will spend money on the object. Aside from how packaging affects the human eye, I was upset with the fact that Neil only received 2 years in prison. Most of my family eats completely organic food, which is quite costly and I find nothing "hilarious" about his manipulative act. 

No comments:

Post a Comment